Dr. Soszka is In-Network with Many Medical Insurance Panels
Dr. Soszka’s Clinic is in network for the following insurance companies. However, not every plan within a medical insurance company covers naturopathic or acupuncture services. Its also important to be aware that most insurance companies will not cover the cost of supplements or specialized tests. However, medical spending or flex account typically do so (check the specifics of your plan). Remember that you should check your benefits for deductibles, which may be different for alternative medicine care.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield (Regence, Anthem, Premera, and Federal)
- BCBS has numerous health insurance plans so its very important to confirm naturopathic and acupuncture benefits. This is especially true for medical coverage for those working at national companies which can have the plan based in another state. Generally, if you have coverage for alternative medicine in one state you’ll have the same here in Oregon.
- Generally, Lifewise offers fairly comprehensive coverage for most services. Lifewise will be leaving Oregon in 2017, but will continue in Washington.
- Generally, Providence offers fairly comprehensive coverage for most services. They sometimes require blood tests to performed through the Providence system which is easy to accommodate. Acupuncture services are often very limited, often to 3 visits per year. In most cases, there are unlimited naturopathic visits.
Kaiser Permanente Referral
- Did you know that Kaiser members are able to get referrals for naturopathic and acupuncture services? You simply have to speak with your Kaiser primary care physician to set up the referral. Generally, a naturopathic referral will cover 3 naturopathic visits and an acupuncture referral covers 6 visits. Each referral can be reauthorized for the same number of visits as the first once additional time. Lab tests are limited and typically have to be performed at a Kaiser facility.
Kaiser Open Card (with Complementary Health Plan)
- Some Kaiser members have additional benefits for naturopathic and acupuncture benefits. Typically there is a yearly cap of benefits or a maximum number of visits per year. You can easily confirm benefit status by call the The CHP group at (503) 203-8333.
- Most PacificSource policies cover naturopathic and acupuncture services. If you are covered, you will find Dr. Soszka’s information in the provider directory.
- Many of the Oregon and Washington UHC plans cover naturopathic and acupuncture services. In reviewing coverage be sure to look at deductibles, visit and total coverage caps.
- Dr. Soszka is credentialed as a primary care physician in the CareOregon system. He is accepting new CareOregon patients at his new clinic location.
Not every insurance plan covers naturopathic or acupuncture services. We recommend contacting your insurance company to confirm if you are covered for Dr. Soszka’s services. Please note when inquiring about naturopathic coverage over the phone, ask to have practitioner type checked, as customer service representatives may give you incorrect information about coverage as Naturopathic physicians use many of the same billing codes as MDs.
Both Naturopathic and Acupuncture services may have limitations in either conditions covered, treatment caps - either total number of visits, or a cost cap (e.g. $1,500 for “alternative care”). I recommend asking if limitations in coverage apply to your policy.
Note: if you found Dr. Soszka’s name listed in your medical insurance directory of providers, then you are probably covered. Should your insurance not cover Dr. Soszka’s services, we do have very reasonable time of service payment options.
Important Insurance Caveats:
- Deductibles may apply. I recommend checking prior to establishing care.
- If Dr. Soszka is in-network for your insurance plan, we are required to bill your insurance. We cannot offer time-of-service pricing.
- We unable to check benefits on your behalf, we recommend you do so prior to your first visit. You are welcome to use of insurance verification worksheet (available here for download) to help you in the process.